The Account Merchandising Manager is responsible for providing world-class service to distributors and retailers within assigned geographic territory, increasing in-store presence and assessing local market opportunities to maximize sales through the development of local marketing and sales plans.
The primary focus of the role is to maximize sales within major adult and mainstream retail partners and distributors within the assigned geographic territory. Specific responsibilities include:
- Reach and surpass targeted sales goals
- Drive in-store sales in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing teams’ goals.
- Develop key customer relationships and use best practice selling and marketing techniques to influence the assignment of incremental display space.
- Establish store rotation and visitation schedules to ensure high customer touch is maintained.
- Build effective relationships internally and externally with distributors, retail store owners, managers, buyers, sales associates and marketing staff.
- Build effective relationships internally with sales and marketing staff and management, customer support, and logistics.
- Provide product knowledge, training and education to retail staff and consumers in formal and informal settings using multi-media and distance delivery technology.
- Represent Standard Innovation Corp at trade and consumer shows and other events at the distributor and retailer level
- Translate approved marketing tactics to create sales strategies that take advantage of localized market conditions and related opportunities.
- Effectively present sales plans to Retail Category Managers, Department Managers and Store Managers.
- Post-secondary education OR equivalent experience
- Three (3) years field sales, account management and merchandising experience
- Consumer product, retail account management and retail merchandising experience in the Health and Beauty, cosmetics, family planning or related markets; experience is a definite asset
- Experience working with boutiques and supporting distributors or a channel are definite assets
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to interact with customers and prospective business owners
- Strong communication, presentation and training skills;
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English, other territory related languages a definite asset
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to work extended hours as the business dictates; Evening and weekend work is necessary
- Ability to regularly travel on multiple overnight trips within North America and possibly abroad; Travel component estimate is up to 50%
- Current, valid driver’s license and valid passport;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and PDA; familiarity with Salesforce.com, NetSuite, or other CRM/SFA application an asset
Apply for this position by going to the General Application link on our website and go to Apply Now. Select Account Merchandising Manager on the application form.